Pre 1921 XF Morgan Silver Dollar
These Pre 1921 XF Morgan Silver Dollars are a great choice if you are looking for a Pre 1921 Morgan Dollar from over 100+ years old at a great price. All of these coins are in Extra Fine condition.
The Silver Morgan Dollar History
In 1878 the Bland-Allison Act called for the government to purchase large amounts of silver in order to remedy the disarray present in the silver market. In an attempt to rectify the situation, the government was to convert the newly purchased metal into silver dollars; and with the contribution of designer George T. Morgan, the Morgan Silver Dollar was born.
Morgan Dollars were minted every year starting in 1878 and ending temporarily in 1904. The mintage of the Morgan Dollar returned for a final run in 1921. The earlier minted Morgan Dollars would sport Mint Marks from the Philadelphia, New Orleans, Carson City, and San Francisco mints. The 1921 Morgan Dollars, however, would begin production at the Denver mint. Proof-like coins, which are coins with mirror-like surfaces, would be sprinkled about for the duration of its production years, which today demand higher premiums from serious collectors. Though Morgan Dollars were typically minted in large quantities, there are some dates with significantly lower mintages, as well as dates that saw heavy circulation, thereby making them conditional rarities today.
|Value||1 US Dollar|
|Mass||26.73G (412 1/2gr)|
|Diameter||38.1 mm (1.5 in)|
|Years of Minting||1878-1904, 1921|
|Designer||George T Morgan|
|Rev Design||Eagle Clasping arrow
and olive branch
- We have been shipping numismatic items for over 10 years. We make sure your package will arrive safe and secure.
- Every package is verified and counted under our camera system and are carefully boxed up and a shipping label is all added under camera.
- Due to excessive weight, some items may not be available for international shipping.
- We ship most items the same business day payment received.
- All items will be shipped USPS Priority Mail or FedEx with Signature Required. Packages under $249 will have Signature Required waived.
- All packages are fully insured until signed for at their destination.
- Once a tracking number has been created a copy of the invoice and tracking number will be emailed to your email.
- We accept all major credit cards through our secure online portal powered by Authorize.net
- Due to the nature of the items we sell, ALL information on the Credit Cards must match exactly to pass security filters.
- We do offer a discount on items over $500 if paid by check or wire. Please contact James@ThePhoenixGoldCorp.com for more information regarding this.
- We offer a 7 day 100% money back or replacement guarantee.
- Buyer is responsible for returning the package.
- Please contact us within the 7 days via email websales@ThePhenixGoldCorp.com or by phone (813) 963-2434.
The Phoenix Gold Corporation strives to provide the finest numismatic products at the best possible prices. Our goal is 100% satisfaction, and to build lasting business relationships with our customers. In order to achieve the high degree of satisfaction our customers have come to expect, we will answer your questions and ship your items as quickly and efficiently as possible.